Responsible for engineering design and development of new products, improvement of current products, and innovation of future products. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepare detail project plans, including statements of technical objectives and approaches, task breakdowns, schedules, project cost estimates and product cost analyses.
- Coordinate and carry out engineering design and development work on projects. Coordinate the work of support personnel involving design, development, drafting, sample construction and delivery, test and evaluation, and release for production.
- Carry out design and development engineering work of advanced or cutting edge nature involving complex analytic and/or experimental techniques at a professional engineering level.
- Lead engineering sub-tasks involving the design, analysis, fabrication, validation, and manufacture of sub-assemblies, systems, processes, equipment or facilities related to the Company’s new product plan.
- Construct solid models using the CAD system Solid Works. Use model assembly technology to determine system integrity and develop tolerance stack-ups.
- Apply engineering fundamentals to solve problems related to structural mechanics using advanced Finite Element Analysis (FEA), experimental techniques, and conventional engineering analysis.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), using and/or establishing datum systems acceptable to manufacturing process and inspection.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in mechanical engineering, from an ABET accredited engineering program or a PE license. Minimum of 2-4 years work experience in engineering required.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks solid modeling, MS Excel and Word.
- Knowledgeable & experienced in structural mechanics. Experience with FEA required.
- Must have ability to prioritize work effectively, meet deadlines, and resolve conflicts with minimal supervision concerning assignments varying from routine to complex.
- Able to analyze, synthesize and meaningfully communicate engineering related information and data on a regular basis.
This position will provide a great opportunity for the qualified individual(s) to obtain permanent employment with our outstanding client!
*Concept Technical Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please take the time to review our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
|Job Category||Engineering - General, Engineering - Industrial, Engineering - Mechanical|
|Required Education:||Bachelor's Degree|
|Required Experience:||4+ Years|